Friday, June 20, 2008

The end, I think

Didn't work out with the YC startup. Their offer was actually quite reasonable, and I think that they'll likely succeed, but I just had a strong gut feeling that this was not the place for me. I don't want to put myself or them in a situation where I'm just terribly disgruntled six months down the line and then my leaving screws the company.

The experience of working with a YCombinator startup, even for just a week, was great though. It's amazing how much energy is in that place - it's like a full notch higher than I was working at, and I thought I worked hard.

That brings me back to GameClay, which at this point I think is on life support. And I think it's time to pull the plug. I remember Sam Altman's response to "How do you tell if you really are doomed?" - it was "If nobody cares about what you're doing and nobody on your founding team cares enough to change that, then you're probably in trouble." Well, I think that's basically the point we're at now.

I'm going on vacation in two days, so I think the plan is to create a personal home page, package up all the Diffle stuff that should be open-sourced and open-source it. Then I want to make this blog public, possibly linking to Subversion and Trac (though since my home page will likely be on a shared webhost, I dunno if I can host the live Trac app). I'll also write up a postmortem with some of the lessons learned.

Then, I guess I'll e-mail Paul Buchheit and see if FriendFeed is still hiring. Actually, I want to work a bit on the programming language I abandoned to start Diffle, see if I can get the hard parts done before I start work again. So maybe by August/September, I'll be employed again, and that's the end of (this phase of) my startup journey. Hopefully it won't be the end forever, though - there are second acts, I'm just not ready for them right now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

代々木 賃貸
船上パーティー
妊娠 腹痛
結婚式 余興
投資銀行 転職
不動産 日野
両親贈呈
八王子 賃貸
カナダ大学院留学
アパートマンション 満室経営
ゴルフスクール多摩
景品 子供
マンションリフォーム
真空成形
もろみ酢
カラコン 度あり
都筑区 賃貸
ビザ取得
医療機器 輸出
ゴルフ会員権
審美歯科 横浜
洗面台 リフォーム
トランクルーム 東京
照明 インテリア
派遣 事務
ガス給湯器
英会話
マーケティング
クリスタルクララ
相続 横浜
生い立ちDVD
婚活 悩み
カード現金化 新橋
店舗設計 関西
女性用かつら
文京区 賃貸
ポロシャツ
二宮 不動産
集中力 アップ
賃貸事務所
ハーレー
国際商標
バイク便
貸別荘
アトピー
部分 痩せ
ボーカルスクール 名古屋
蓮田 不動産
洗面台
昭島市 一戸建て
治験 ボランティア
ドイツ語教室
ihcway 評判
カーテン
キャバクラ
激安 住宅
千葉市 宴会
株式会社Karigo
カップリングパーティー

介護 転職
卵巣がん
乳がん
冬虫夏草
アメリカ留学
部分やせ
なんば 賃貸
連結 DIVA

shopping online said...

Adsense of Jordan Shoes : just do it!
Adsense of Moncler Jackets : sends to warm, give you more comforts of life!
Adsense of NFL Jerseys : everything is possible!
Adsense of Christian Louboutin : choice me is choice beautiful foot and body!
Adsense of Puma Shoes : champion is in the first line!
Adsense of Gucci Shoes : Allows you to enjoy the leisure life in the fun!
Adsense of Vibram Fivefingers : taste original life, wear the most morden and comfortable shoes!
Adsense of GHD Hair straighteners : why make our hair so beautiful and lots stylers, for choice me is choice happy!
Adsense of Michael Jordan Shoes : just do it!

Unknown said...

Their spouses met at the foot of the overpass there the other day galaxy
descargar whatsapp para android , unblocked games at school very nice , free unblocked games at school online to play , descargar whatsapp gratis , unblocked games 77 , unblocked games online

Unknown said...

wow, great news.
----
play game juegos de kizi online free and play game juegoskizi online and play game jogos friv

huong duong said...

I read the father confided that choking heart. A father willing to take the car to teach Coffee Museum to buy nice cars for children. A father these days dare to read what people write for fear of seeing the insults, floss erosion
baixar musicas mp3 gratis , snapchat baixar , geometry dash 2.0 , run 2 game , b612